Subscribe in a reader

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Rooting Interest

 
I watched the North Carolina Tarheels fall apart today. I generally despise North Carolina hoops because I'm a Maryland Grad and the Heels are naturally hated. That said, come tournament time I routinely find myself rooting for all ACC teams to attempt to show the world how strong the ACC is when it comes to hoops. Well, out of the gate the ACC showed up strong with 5 wins in the first round. then they all fell - every single one - except the Heels. The Lack 10, Big Least and SuckEC all had several still in the game, but the ACC was down to one. I put my pride on the shelf and became a Heel supporter. I willed shots to go in, lambasted officials and yelled at the television with regularity, especially as they went 1 for 18 down the stretch and lost to a very aggressive Georgetown team with a ton of confidence. My fellow Terp fans should be ashamed at me. I vow never to do it again. I'll support within reason, but not at all cost.

It is a message appropriate in basketball and much more. Unless you've got skin in the game, how far do you need to take something to prove a point? I'm guessing not that far - especially when the point is not that useful to successfully communicate. I see it in business everyday. I see it in politics on the local, national and world stages. I see it among colleagues. It sets a bad tone for long term relationships and it certainly doesn't build character or respect. Carry the torch via the blogosphere - the world will be a better place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]casino bonus[/url] brake the latest [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com/]casino games[/url] manumitted no store hand-out at the foremost [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]www.baywatchcasino.com
[/url].